FNG Energy Solutions provides the complete suite of pipeline precommissioning and commissioning services under a single project management team in order to provide enhanced safety, quality and schedule performance on any project.
The services available from FNG Energy Solutions are as follows:
- Pipeline Flooding
- Pipeline Gauging
- Pipeline Cleaning
- Hydrostatic Testing
- Umbilical Flushing
- Umbilical Testing
- Fiber Optic Testing
- Leak Testing
- Air Drying
- Nitrogen Drying
- Vacuum Drying
- Methanol Swabbing
- Glycol Swabbing
- Nitrogen Packing
FNG Energy Solutions offers a full range of precommissioning services and is becoming the service-provider of choice for pipeline construction companies looking for reliability, safety and quality.
The limits of the pipeline precommissioning activities are from pig launcher to pig receiver and include all in-line valves, flanges and fittings.
The different sequential precommissioning work phases are:
- Pipeline Flooding / Filling using forced flooding or free-filling methods.
FNG Energy Solutions can flood (or fill) pipelines of any diameter from 2 in. to over 56 in. over distances of hundreds of kilometres. Our filtration and chemical injection systems have the capability and flexibility to meet your project’s most demanding requirements for water quality and treatment.
- Cleaning using chemical or mechanical methods that removes deposits or debris to ensure optimum flow and efficient throughput.
- Pipeline Gauging that detects any internal restrictions and gives indicative results as to whether the pipeline is geometrically suitable for the progression to more aggressive cleaning pigs. Gauging is achieved by fitting a pig with an aluminum plate, sized to approximately 90% of internal pipeline diameter. This is carried out to prove the dimensional quality of the internal diameter of the pipeline.Proving a pipeline has not been buckled, dented or otherwise damaged during construction activities requires passage of a gauging tool through the pipeline. FNG Energy Solutions provides gauging tools to meet your most demanding project specifications. In addition, FNG Energy Solutions has developed unique technology that can be used in conjunction with conventional gauging tools to monitor the distance travelled, velocity and pressures to more accurately determine the location of any detected damage.
- Hydro-testing is performed to expose defective materials that have missed prior detection, ensure that any remaining defects are insignificant enough to allow operation at design pressures, expose possible leaks and serve as a final validation of the integrity of the constructed system.
FNG Energy Solutions provides controlled pressurization and monitoring of testing operations using equipment supplied from our fleet of specialized pumping equipment. Pipeline test pressure is typically held for a period of 8 to 24 hr with calibrated instrumentation recording both pressure and temperature throughout the test period. FNG Energy Solutions Pipeline and Process Services has developed unique technologies for use in the precommissioning and commissioning of pipelines .
- Umbilical Testing and Commissioning The flushing, cleaning, hydraulic testing and electrical testing of all subsea control umbilicals is completed to a high degree of cleanliness in a safe and efficient manner.
- Dewatering and Swabbing using advanced compression and dewatering train designs to leave the minimal residual water.
- Drying using forced air to lower the internal dew point of pipeline. This avoids hydrate formation when pipeline is put into service by using the blower.
- Purging using nitrogen to effectively and completely purge the pipeline prior to commissioning, capping or abandonment. The mobile nitrogen unit is considered for this purpose.
FNG Energy Solutions in cooperation with its international reputable partners provides Cleaning and In-Line Inspection services to keep the pipeline at a suitable integrity level.
We employ chemical and mechanical means to remove deposits and foulants from the pipeline in order to maximize the pipeline capacity. Also, maintaining corrosion is carried out by releasing corrosion inhibitor into the pipeline. Our cleaning services can be combined where applicable with in-line inspections, providing a single source for equipment, experience and personnel.
FNG Energy Solutions’s highly skilled cleaning specialists determine the correct solutions to meet your needs and then perform the cleaning in a safe, cost-effective manner. Selecting cleaning pigs depending on the pipeline characteristics and running pigs at the correct velocity are important.
All water added to the system during filling, cleaning and gauging operations must be Filtered and chemically treated seawater.
Iine Inspection (Intelligent Pig Running)
Modern intelligent pigs are highly sophisticated instruments that vary in technology and complexity by the intended use and by manufacturer. An intelligent pig, or smart pig, is basically a computer that collects various forms of data during the trip through the pipeline. The smart pigs are divided into the following types:
- Caliper : The Caliper Tool gathers geometrical data from the pipeline and it is necessary to run the Caliper before using other intelligent pigs.
- MFL : The MFL Tool measures the amount of leakage of a magnetic flux which is generated as a loop that passes the pipe wall thickness to find internal and external metal loss features.
The efficient operation of pipelines transporting liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons is crucial. Any upset to the internal pipe surface can significantly impact both pipeline throughput and energy requirements for maintaining design flow rates. Maintaining a clean pipeline will help to maximize flow, will increase system longevity, will enhance system reliability while lowering associated safety risks and will, ultimately improve bottom line profitability for pipeline owners and operators.
Throughout the operational life of pipelines, it is common to encounter deposits, including a build up of sand, scale, wax, asphaltenes, black powder, hydrates and emulsions which can create flow restrictions, bore reductions, higher back pressures and accelerated corrosion.
FNG Energy Solutions Pipeline and Process Services provides a wide range of specialized pipeline cleaning solutions designed to address any of these problems. Services include the following:
- Routine Pigging
- Progressive Pigging
- Mechanical Pigging
- Thermal Cleaning
- Hot Oiling
- Debris Pick Up Gel Pigging
- Scale Removal
- Wax Removal
- Hydrate Removal
- Black Powder Removal
- Pre-Inspection Cleaning (for ILI)
- Change of Service Cleaning
- Pipeline Decommissioning Cleaning
FNG Energy Solutions offers a range of abandonment services, onsite management, and re-certification services with the experience and proven systems to help you cost-effectively decommission assets in ways which are both safe and environmentally responsible.
The Pipeline and Process Services team has the capability to manage and perform all steps necessary to make assets and infrastructure ready for Cessation of Production (CoP) – from wellhead, through infield flowlines and process facilities, to export pipelines – all with our own equipment and personnel.
Pipelines can be flushed and cleaned via chemical and/or mechanical methods for in-situ abandonment or where required, mothballed for future use. Topside and processing facilities can be made safe via cleaning, flushing and inerting for rapid removal via cutting or bolting services.
Decommissiong services include:
- Pressure Pulse Debris Assessment
- Nitrogen Purging
- Decom Engineering
- Chemical Cleaning
- Mechanical Cleaning
- Foam Inerting
- Barrier/Isolation Testing
- Retro Jetting
- Nitrogen Packing
- Camera Inspection